Got a chance to sharpen up the old technical skills over the last few days:
- Take apart hair trimmer, solder in new battery, re-assemble, and it works.
- Edit videos and upload to Youtube (see previous).
- Turn old PC into home file server using Freenas, then turn it into a media server by enabling DLNA plugin and configuring the storage.
- Create ISO images on CD and USB stick using PC
- Reconfigure PC BIOS to boot from a USB stick instead of hard drive or CD.
- Open a UNIX shell and use ancient UNIX commands to check out the directories, permissions, make file links, edit files, etc. It is amazing that people still use UNIX, which was considered a "techy OS" in the early 80's. Some part of my brain is still intact from back then because I remembered the commands cd, ls, ..