It is November and we have witnessed another set of US elections. I continue to be disappointed in the USA, just as I was when Biden defeated Trump with a slim majority in the house and senate.
The Republican party has grown more corrosive since the 2020 election - propagating lies that the election was fixed, that the riot at the Capitol was not a problem, that COVID precautions are an issue of freedom for the folks who want to infect others, women do not control their bodies, climate change is a myth, and everyone must kiss Trump's ring and declare their undying loyalty to one horrible narcissistic man.
Yet the public votes for a Republican governor in swing state Virginia and almost elects one in New Jersey. Obviously, the faults of the Republican party are not important to these folks and I think it means that the USA is heading for a breakup. Eventually, the country will break into a few chunks with free trade and a common defense policy:
- Northeast: progressive, urban, secular
- South: conservative, rural and industrial, christian
- Midwest: conservative, christian, rural
- West: progressive, urban, secular
- Texas: they will probably be independent and separate completely but have close ties with the South and Midwest
Post a Comment
Comments are not moderated prior to posting. Mark