I have come to the conclusion that I don't like south Florida. Granted, the weather is great in January, February, March and there are nice beaches, but it's not my cup of tea.
- Anyone with money lives in a gated community, because of the crime I guess. You feel confined in your compound if you rent a condo or house. You have to drive out of your guarded compound to shop, sightsee, eat..
- Traffic is bad and the drivers are terrible. The roads are full of a toxic mixture of elderly drivers, lost tourists, and hotheads weaving in and out. Texting while driving seems to be the state sport.
- Inequality is everywhere. You see lots of people sleeping on the streets or struggling to survive along with lots of Rolls Royces, Bentleys, huge yachts, and Ferraris.
- Lots of Trump lovers in Florida. There is a huge billboard on the highway near our rented condo that says "God Bless You President Trump for Making America Great Again!"
- No one cares about the environment. Our condo has no recycling facilities and no one seems to care about littering highways, streets, parking lots.
- High schools look like prisons with lots of concrete, no windows, big fences, and cops guarding the entrances due to recent massacres. They do have big football stadiums - not sure what that has to do with education.
- The prime requirements to be a local TV news reporter or anchor is to be female, good looking, slim, and have large artificial breasts. Feminism seems to have missed this state.
- This is the state for weird stuff. If you don't believe me, follow Florida Man on Twitter, who reports on all the weird stuff happening in Florida. Most recent tweet "Florida Man Seen Riding Naked on Bicycle Down I-95" , link here.