I get a lot of questions about being (semi) retired. Here are the top ten good things about being in that state.
- No one comes into your office and asks for a Powerpoint deck on project "Wiggly Wombat" with updates from our subsidiary in Elbonia and make sure you use the new company template
- Don't have to wear socks in the Summer
- No sitting in traffic on Highway 7 looking at Right Wing bumper stickers on cars like "Obozo Sucks" or "If you come for mine, you better bring yours"
- If you fart in your office, you don't have to worry about some poor employee walking in and being asphyxiated.
- Never have to wait at the printer while a colleague prints out 200 pages of their Mortgage Refinance application
- Your admin assistant always shows up, likes Doggie Biscuits, but needs a walk every few hours
- Can stay up late to watch that weird cable channel with the Swedish art films filled with naked blondes.
- Always up to date on latest Youtube viral videos like that one with the guy dressed like Superman in a rocket powered grocery cart with skis racing the snowmobile driven by a person in a gorilla suit with a squirrel passenger in front of the police station with a moose...
- No conference calls, no video meetings
- Can surf sites like "Girls in Yoga Pants" without getting blocked by the company policy server.
Post a Comment
Comments are not moderated prior to posting. Mark