I know that President Trump regularly reads my blog when he is not playing golf or watching Fox and Friends for their sophisticated insights on global issues. I thought I would help you out Mr. President with a few facts. I included links to your government agencies that provided the facts.
- Immigrants work more than native born Americans. Yes, according to your Bureau of Labor Statistics, "The unemployment rate for foreign-born persons in the United States was 4.1 percent in 2017, down from 4.3 percent in 2016, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The jobless rate of native born persons was 4.4 percent in 2017, down from 5.0 percent in 2016."
- The USA has a trade surplus with Canada. According to your US Trade Representative, "U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $673.9 billion in 2017. Exports were $341.2 billion; imports were $332.8 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $8.4 billion in 2017."
- The only time NATO has invoked the mutual defense treaty was to defend the United States after it was attacked on 9/11. Yes, no other NATO country has asked for support from other members, just the USA. In spite of you not liking every member of NATO, they stood by the USA.
- The following government agencies, organizations, and companies say that Russia meddled in the 2016 election: CIA, FBI, Facebook, Twitter, US Senate, US House of Representatives, UK GCHQ, and your US Ambassador to Russia. The only people who seem to disagree are you and Vladimir Putin.
- According to the US government, you got less electoral college votes (304) than Obama (332 in 2012, 365 in 2008), GH Bush (426 in 1988), Clinton (379 in 1996), and others.
- NASA statistics show the planet is warming and CO2 is increasing.
By now you are probably losing interest and thinking about which staffer is most grope-worthy so I will stop here. Let me know if I can help some more.