Just to show you how crazy things are getting, my previous workplace started mandatory training on what to do if there is an "active shooter" at work (mass shooting disaster). I was unfortunately not able to attend this course. Presumably this covered:
- Should you scream or keep quiet?
- If you recognize the shooter, should you say hello or act like you have amnesia?
- Is it best to hide in the womens or mens toilet? Are state toilet laws waived when someone is trying to shoot you or must transgender men without a sex change go to the mens room?
- How to identify "bad guys" (criminals with guns) and "good guys" (civilians with guns). Both will be shooting randomly, how can you tell which way to run?
- If your life passes before your eyes, how can you shorten it up to just the good parts?
- Should you direct the shooter(s) towards executives and higher paid employees or lower paid employees if asked?
- Can consultants bill for time when they are locked down awaiting death or help?
- Are wounds considered on the job injuries? As a self employed consultant with a gunshot wound, can you get workman's compensation?
- How to say "Please Don't Kill Me!" in all languages